For any question relating to the treatment of your personal data you can contact us via email@example.com
Which personal data?
We collect the following personal data categories:
- Identification data: for example, your name, first name, date of birth, identity card number, e-mail address and the IP address of your PC, tablet or smartphone;
- Contract data: for example, which contracts you have concluded with ENGIE Fabricom, their start and end date, the price and any indexation parameters;
- Consumption and invoicing data: for example, your consumption of electricity and/or natural gas and data concerning your payment history;
- Transaction data: for example, a change of supplier, a move, a meter replacement;
- Technical data: for example, what type of heating system you have, whether your house is insulated or not, the year of construction of your house, whether you have solar panels or not;
Data on your use of our products and services: for example, how you use our online services for monitoring your consumption of electricity and/or natural gas.
Why do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data for the following reasons:
- To manage and perform your request for an offer of ENGIE Fabricom or your contract(s) with ENGIE Fabricom;
- To manage our website;
- To protect the rights, property and security of ENGIE Fabricom, its customers or third parties (including the fight against fraud, the management of disputes or legal proceedings);
- To manage the statutory or regulatory obligations of ENGIE Fabricom;
- To carry out the accounting of ENGIE Fabricom; and to manage our receivables (including recovery and/or transfer of receivables to collecting agencies).
To whom may we communicate your personal data?
Your personal data are only communicated to the following third parties in order to perform the aforementioned purposes:
- Our affiliated companies (for example ENGIE Axima, ENGIE Cofely); and the competent authorities.
- The aforementioned processors are established in Belgium, France, and possibly in other countries. The persons working for these third parties only have access to the personal data strictly necessary for the performance of their tasks.
Transfer of personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
If we cooperate with third parties established in countries outside the EEA that do not provide an appropriate level of protection for your personal data, we will impose contractual obligations on them, approved by a competent authority and offering an appropriate level of protection of your personal data. If you wish to receive a copy of these contractual obligations, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org We reserve the right to remove any confidential information and any information that is not relevant to you from such a copy.
Legal ground for the processing of your personal data
We only process your personal data when:
- The processing is necessary to perform your contract or to take pre-contractual measures at your request (for example, when you have requested us to send you an offer for our products and services);
- The processing is necessary to comply with our statutory or regulatory obligations (for instance within the scope of judicial inquiries or requests for information of public authorities).
How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data are not kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. The retention period may thus differ according to the purpose. We are, for example, obliged to keep your invoicing data for 7 years because of accounting and tax obligations. Furthermore, we keep your contract data for 10 years following the termination of your contract based on legal considerations in order to retain certain data as proof in the event of disputes. Certain data of former customers may be used for a period of 4 years following the termination of the contract in order to recognise the former customer and keep him informed of promotions and new products and services of ENGIE Fabricom, unless the customer opposes such use. The personal data of potential customers are retained during 12 months as from the last contact with the potential customer. They may be retained for a longer period if the potential customer becomes a customer of ENGIE Fabricom.
What are your rights?
Under certain conditions, you will benefit from the following rights with regard to your personal data collected by ENGIE Fabricom:
- The right of access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- The right to oppose the processing or to obtain a limitation of the processing;
- The right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to communicate them to another controller;
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time, for example when you do no longer wish to receive direct marketing via e-mail.
You may exercise these rights via our website click here (insert link) or by sending a letter with a copy of your identity card to ENGIE Fabricom, Department Communication, boulevard Simón Bolívar 34, B-1000 Brussels.
If you have a complaint concerning the processing of your personal data, you may contact us on the above address or contact the Data Protection Authority www.privacycommission.be.
If you wish, you can configure your browser or device so that it will accept only certain cookies or not a single cookie. In most browsers or devices you can find information on the cookie settings under “Help” or “Tools”. But note that most websites and apps will not work as efficiently if cookies are disabled.
When you surf on our website, we follow your surfing behaviour for analytical purposes, for optimizing your surfing convenience and for marketing purposes.
If you no longer want us to analyze your behaviour to optimize your browsing experience, click here (insert link). If you do not want these data to be used for marketing purposes, you can indicate this here (insert link).
ENGIE Fabricom makes its best efforts to thoroughly protect its network against unauthorised access and to guarantee the confidentiality of the personal data and professional information of its customers and/or suppliers:
- We do this by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to prevent the interception or decoding of confidential passwords and personal data.
- ENGIE Fabricom’s internal network is protected by a secure firewall and is not directly accessible over the Internet.