The term personal data refers to all information that tells us something about you or that we can link to you, such as your name, address, date of birth, etc. Processing refers to the various actions we can take with this data, such as collecting, storing, using, viewing, adapting, passing on or deleting it.
For any question regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact the Data Protection Competence Center for ENGIE Fabricom in the following ways:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: +32 (0)2 213 55 99
- By post: PB 10020, B – 1030 Schaerbeek Brussels North station
What personal data?
We collect the following categories of personal data:
- identification data, for example: your name, date of birth, e-mail address, the IP address of your PC, tablet or smartphone;
- technical data, for example: what type of installation or building you have, or, in what year it was built and whether or not you have solar panels.
Why do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data for the following reasons:
- the management and execution of your request for quotation to ENGIE Fabricom or of your contract(s) with ENGIE Fabricom;
- the management of our website;
- the protection of the rights, property and security of ENGIE Fabricom, its customers and third parties (including the fight against fraud and the management of disputes or legal proceedings);
- managing the legal or regulatory obligations of ENGIE Fabricom; and
- the accounts of ENGIE Fabricom.
To whom can we communicate your personal data?
Your personal data will only be communicated to the following third parties with regard to achieving the aforementioned objectives:
- our affiliated companies (e.g. ENGIE Axima, ENGIE Cofely); and
- the competent authorities.
The aforementioned third parties are established in Belgium, France or other countries within the “European Economic Area”. The persons working for these third parties only have access to the data strictly necessary for the performance of their task.
Transfer of your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
When we cooperate with third parties located in countries outside the EEA where the level of protection of your personal data is inadequate, we impose contractual obligations on them that have been approved by a competent authority and ensure adequate protection of your personal data. If you wish to receive a copy of these contractual obligations, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We reserve the right to remove all confidential and irrelevant information from this copy.
Legal basis for the processing of your personal data
We only process your personal data when:
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or for taking pre-contractual measures at your request (for example, if you have asked us to provide you with an offer for our products or services);
- processing is necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (for example, in the context of legal investigations or requests for information from government agencies).
How long do we retain your personal data?
Your personal information is not kept longer than necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected. Therefore, the retention period may vary depending on the purpose. For example, we must retain your billing information for 7 years due to accounting and tax obligations. We will retain your contract details for 10 years after the termination of your contract for legal reasons in order to be able to use certain data as evidence in the event of disputes. The personal data of potential customers are stored for 12 months after obtaining this personal data. However, they can be stored for a longer period if the potential customer actually becomes a customer of ENGIE Fabricom.
What are your rights?
Under certain conditions, you have the following rights with regard to the personal data that ENGIE Fabricom has collected about you:
- the right to access, rectify or delete your personal data;
- the right to object to or limit the processing of your personal data;
- the right to obtain the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable form and to have them communicated by ENGIE Fabricom to another person responsible for the processing of personal data.
You can exercise these rights by visiting our website https://www.engie-benelux-privacy.com/nl/#/IntroStep.
If you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in the aforementioned ways or contact the Data Protection Authority by filling in the complaint form on their website: https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/verzoek-klacht-indienen.
- Cookies that are necessary to make our website work properly;
- Cookies that increase your surfing convenience, so that you do not, for example, receive or need to enter the same information every time;
- Cookies that store certain information about you for statistical purposes, possibly also outside our website, and;
- Cookies that come from third parties and are intended to improve the content and operation of our websites and apps (including Google Analytics; for more information about how Google uses data when you use our website and/or our apps, see google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
You can set your browser or device to not accept cookies or to accept only certain types of cookies. You can find more information about adjusting the cookie parameters in the “Help” or “Settings” section of most browsers or devices. Please note that most websites and apps do not work optimally if you disable cookies.
When you browse our website, we track your surfing behavior for analytical purposes, to improve the use of our website and for commercial purposes. If you do not want us to use this information for commercial purposes, you can inform us here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENGIE Fabricom makes every effort to protect its network as much as possible against unauthorized access and to safeguard the confidentiality of its customers’ personal and company data:
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to prevent the interception or decryption of passwords and information about our customers;
- ENGIE Fabricom’s internal network is protected by a secure firewall and is not directly accessible via the Internet.
How can you contact us?
You can contact Fabricom by e-mail at email@example.com.