ENGIE Fabricom has been awarded a service contract by OWP Butendiek GmbH & Co. KG. to perform a SCADA Upgrade and long-term SCADA Service Level Agreement (SLA) of the Butendiek offshore high voltage substation (OHVS) in the German sector of the North Sea.
In order to comply to new Cyber Security Rules (IEC 62443) and improve operation and maintenance performance of the Butendiek offshore substation, ENGIE Fabricom will be upgrading the Butendiek OHVS SCADA system from SICAM® 230 to Zenon from COPA-DATA.
The project scope shall include top-end SCADA upgrade with the goal of virtualizing the SCADA and supporting ICT servers, upgrading of vital network equipment, expanding the backup and restoring functionalities, upgrading the meteorological system software and a 5-year SLA on the new future-proof Zenon SCADA solution.
The switch to the highly scalable Zenon software platform which is the core system of the currently installed SICAM® 230 shall amongst others bring the following benefits:
- Compliance to IEC security standard for industrial automation and controls systems
- Sustainable future-proof system with increased scalability
- Highly flexible and easily expandable solution with numerous interfaces
- Migration to a virtualized environment with improved performance
- Encryption and authentication with an updated user experience
- Integration of active directory for user administration
- Lower support requirements and cost of ownership
- Increased reliability of critical infrastructure and a longer life cycle of critical infrastructure
The SCADA upgrade will be executed between Q2-Q4 2020 by ENGIE Fabricom in collaboration with Tractebel and the SLA will commence in May 2020.